Monday 24 April 2017

Remarkable Mothers' Day Simply Stunning Watercolour


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog today.
This Mothers Day Card was made using a very simple but effective technique with a stamp set that I have used on several art pieces I made at Hazelhurst Gallery last year. I am so glad it is continuing in the new catalogue, as there are endless colouring techniques you can use with a large outline flower like this.


I made a card base using Arches Aquarelle Watercolour paper (you could use Stamping' Up!s watercolour paper for similar results, but I wanted to mount my finished piece on a watercolour card base, and needed A4 sized paper for this).
I did use Emerald Envy card stock for the layered piece, and the sweet little enamel accents are from Stampin' Up! too.


 I stamped the image in Versamark ink, then heat embossed using white embossing powder.

I liberally spritzed the paper with water using a Stampin' Spritzer.

Next I took an Aquapainter and used Emerald Envy Ink  (I had squeezed it into the lid of my inkpad by pressing the top and bottom of the pad while still closed).

I did a very quick, loose wash then partly dried the ink with my heat tool, then came back in with more ink and layered it while the ink was still a little wet.

The secret is to stay loose! Don't overthink it. You will see here how less is more, and gives a better result.

I adhered the layers with Tear' n Tape, which is perfect for adhering thick watercolour
paper.

Remarkable You Stamp Set 
Wood Mount #139891   Clear Mount #139894


I hope you give this a try. Have a wonderfully creative day!
                                                                    Vicki x 💝

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a marvellously creative day! Vicki x