Friday 28 April 2017

Happy Mothers Day Card with Letterpress Effect

                                                    Hello, and welcome to my blog.
Today I have another Mothers Day card, and I love this one so much it is going to my own mum, who lives in Lake Macquarie.
She always displays my cards on a shelf she reserves for special things, and some of them are still on display from years ago, and I couldn't be happier!

I wanted a lovely sentiment for inside the card, and "sending love" is from the Designer Tin of Cards set. The "Happy" debossed word is from Happy Celebrations, and has the matching embossing folders, which actually DE-boss the words to look just like a letterpress card.
If you have ever seen a letterpress machine they are in the tens of thousands of dollars to buy, and you would need a massive work space as they are HUGE machines, but you can get a very similar look with your trusty Big Shot. How cool is that?



The colours I chose matched the Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper : Marina Mist, Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo, and I used some co-ordinating bling to finish off the card.
The words Mothers Day are from the Crazy About You stamp set.


                           Celebrations Duo Textured embossing Folders # 142760 $16.00
                                      Happy Celebrations Stamp Set #143012 $61.00



I hope you give this stamp set a try. To be honest, I almost overlooked it in the catalogue but I am so glad I splashed out and added it to my order. I see lots of Happy Celebrations cards in my future!
Have a great day,
 Thanks so much for shopping with me!  Vicki  x 💝

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a marvellously creative day! Vicki x